Lenco high torque motor that goes inside the trim tab??

Jquest

Petty Officer 1st Class
I took my actuator apart. The High torque motor that is inside is fronzen. Anyone know who sells this motor. I tried looking for any markings on the side, but they're worn off.

Jquest

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lenco high torque motor that goes inside the trim tab??

try Lenco

Apparenlty everyon in the office is counting the money that is coming in. I've been calling since 8 am and get everyone's voice mail. No return calls and I can't get anyone with a pulse on the other side. I don't wanna buy the whole actuater. I just need the little motor that goes insides. I've also gone through their webiste and they only list the whole thing. They don't list the individual parts that go inside the actuater. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

There is a member here by the name Tabman. He's either with Bennett or Lenco. You might try shooting him a PM.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

If no help from Tabman (he's with Bennet...pretty sure), see if you can find aused one on eBay cheap.

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander

In same boat ,kinda AGAIN.I replaced my actuator not many HOURS ago,it has a short ,due to water intrusion.Last time I replaced it,I too looked for the motor you describe,I could not find one,if you happen too please shoot me a message.That all said.I got my Irish up with Lenco last time I had trouble.I was TOLD,the actuator was a SEALED unit with NO replaceable parts inside,the only remedy was actuator replacement.I got into it deep.They claim its sealed for life,however ,mine leaked ,the leak caused motor to fry.I was told ,it was non serviceable.Around and around i went.Bottom line,I needed boat fixed ASAP ,bought a NEW one ,now I need to do it again.My opinion of lenco,THEY SUCK.I had many a boat ,worked on many a boat with BENNETS and can tell you this,they bend over backwards to help fix your unit and often replace the problem at low if any cost.Im actually searching this site for my last Lenco complaint,was long ago,but certainly actuator should not have broke .i base that on the starboard ond still working and its original.i believe they do have issues with the so called seal.I live in Fl.Keys and know a few guys that had the problem.Good luck,keep me informed if you learn anything,ditto on my end. Mike

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I've heard of people having them leak, and I've heard of Lenco replacing them even when out of warranty. The guy I bought my boat from, replaced one as part of the deal.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

You could not give me a set of Lenco tabs

I?ve worked in industrial automation involving electrical drive systems in "wet" enviroments my entire adult life. Water and electric motors don't get along for very long. Never have, never will and don't let anyone BS you into think they will. It?s not a matter of "if? they will fail, it's when they will fail.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

amen, dingbat. as saltwater boaters, we both know that nothing is watertight or rust proof. And stuff going wrong on boats, well, that's just what they do.

user64

Seaman

Yep...I was told that if you trailer your boat you could try Lencos but if you kept your boat in the water all season, Bennett was the only way to go. After reading this I guess there was some truth in that.