Older Cruiser Inc. Boat

harvdogg

Recruit
Hello all. I have just joined and am hoping someone may be able to assist me in finding out a bit more info about one of my boats. I believe the boat is mid 70's and I know its a Cruiser Inc Model 19621 tri-hull and is 19 feet long. It has a small day cuddy in the front and it has a mercruiser engine. Other than this I do not know much about the boat. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• Tri-Hull Boat2.jpg
    Tri-Hull Boat2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Tri-Hull Boat.jpg
    Tri-Hull Boat.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1

tarpleyg

Cadet
Re: Older Cruiser Inc. Boat

I can't offer much about that particular model but I can tell you that I used to rig and service Cruisers back in the early to mid-nineties and they were very solid boats so I would hope that your particular boat is the same.

Greg

Archerone

Recruit

I also just bought the same model 1972 Cruiser Inc 19' Tri-hull. We might be able to share information. I am going to start to clean it up and patch/restore it. All the models that I have seen have had outboards on them. Yours' is the first that I have seen that is with an I/O. I have questions on some of the items attached on the boat which I will ask about later with pictures.
Boat.jpg

harvdogg

Recruit

Thanks for the reply. I have really struggled to find out much about this boat. If you have any questions feel free to reply and I will do my best to help you out. Do you know if my boat would be a 1972 as well. Is there a date stamp on the boat somewhere.

awsm123

Recruit

Back in 1972 the boats did not have a VIN number. I owned a 19' Crusiers Inc Challenger V-hull from new in 1972 to 2007, when I mostly gave it away to a relative who mistreated it badly. Sad story, as this boat served me well, but was too small when I moved to Rhode Island. My boat cost $4500 new, with a 125 hp Johnson.. a big motor at the time. That was with the optional rear sofa seat for $135. The gas tank ruptured. Also the sides were starting to part from the deck with the stress on Long Island Sound. I'm sure that would be quite fixable. The boat came as outboards and also I/0's They, I'm sure you know, were an offshoot of Thompson Boats. Both companies made excellent wood boats. They were in Oconto, Wisconsin.. Crusiers Inc went bankrupt, and were bought out, and now produce ugly what I call big sofa boats. EDIT

Al Smith, Bristol, RI

Last edited by a moderator:

PBejgrowicz

Recruit

Nice! I also have a 1972 Cruisers Inc 19' WeekenderView attachment 120678 great boat, lots of fun. Recently did a restoration with a new Evinrude outboard 150. I have a manufacturers booklet that came with the boat as well that I can scan and send.

My wife and I purchased the same, 1972 Cruisers 19 ft with cuddy cabin a few days ago. It is a restoration project we will begin, perhaps over the winter. We are looking for any and all information on this boat as we can and have come up short.

If anyone can help point us in the right direction for information, or if you do have a manual you could email, I'd be forever greatful. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20150526_191107_resized.jpg
    20150526_191107_resized.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20150526_191048_resized.jpg
    20150526_191048_resized.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard LJ:

Please read our FORUM RULES if you haven't already. You need to start your own topic. This one's been asleep for a few years. You'll get more information in a new one anyway.