How Much Is It Worth? 18' Silverline Comoro Jet Boat

flosho

Cadet
It's a 1974 Silverline Comoro (18 foot) open bow. Has the Oldsmobile 455 "Rocket" V8 Inboard with the Berkeley Packajet Jet drive system.

Everything is in excellent condition. I'm trying to determine the value of this boat? Any tips or suggestions?

IMG_8841.jpg

IMG_8897.jpg

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: How Much Is It Worth? 18' Silverline Comoro Jet Boat

Impressive boat in impressive condition. Is that all original interior?

flosho

Cadet

I believe it is all original as. The texture is very unique and seems 'vintage' for the 70's ;)

Silverbullet555

Chief Petty Officer

That is in great condition.

how many hours on it? Service records? How long since last used.

Remember it is often more harmful when something goes without use.

Have you checked with NADA to see if they have a price and start with that.

flosho

Cadet

I've checked NADA but it only goes back to '77 and doesn't have the proper motor/jet setup(from what I can see)

It doesn't have a gauge for hours but it appears to have been well cared for and I just recently did a basic tune up on it. plugs/wires/cap/rotor and the boat runs great. Can this fetch $4-6k?

hostage

Lieutenant

WoW that boat is very impressive, are those pictures from 1977? lol

Nothing looks torn and it looks like it is in good condition. My only concern would be the power plant. Is it hard to get replacement parts for that? If the parts aren't hard to come by and it is water ready, then the price would be based off the buyer. If you want to sell it quickly then maybe $2-$4k. If you sell it to someone who likes the vintage look, then they could pay a lot more for it. It also depends on the market around you.

BTW do you have any additional pictures?

flosho

Cadet

WoW that boat is very impressive, are those pictures from 1977? lol

Nothing looks torn and it looks like it is in good condition. My only concern would be the power plant. Is it hard to get replacement parts for that? If the parts aren't hard to come by and it is water ready, then the price would be based off the buyer. If you want to sell it quickly then maybe $2-$4k. If you sell it to someone who likes the vintage look, then they could pay a lot more for it. It also depends on the market around you.

BTW do you have any additional pictures?

Parts were very easy to come by. We went down to the local autoparts store and picked up all the parts for basic tune up... It's been water tested already and runs great. It litterally fired up instantly. The olds 455 seems to be a pretty solid platform.

IMG_8831.jpg

IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8939.jpg

wbc1957

Petty Officer 1st Class

It loks like a tri-hull, although not one that would create much rough riding, since the bow doesn't have severe angle along the outer portions of the bow. This should sell well in the midwest, where river boating and shallow waters are best for jet boats. Price is based on condition, location, and seasonal timing. We can see two out for the three covered, but the location is yet determined.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Can this fetch $4-6k?
yes...it will fetch somewhere between $4 and $6000. Sorry...couldn't resist.

You have a very unique boat there in a very unique configuration and a unique condition.

You may be able to get a very high dollar for it but you are also going to have to find that unique buyer.

How did you find this boat? In someone's barn sitting for 20 years?

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

It loks like a tri-hull, although not one that would create much rough riding, since the bow doesn't have severe angle along the outer portions of the bow.

Borderline tri-hull at best... The center bow is far enough forward and deeper its going to be more single hull than anything else. I"m guessing that boat has some weight behind it also, it isn't like a typical 16' ft outboard tri-hull.

Impressive boat though, I am still trying to figure out of those are scans from when the boat was new in the 70's!

hostage

Lieutenant

I am guessing those are new pics from the 70's I don't see any boat registration number on the boat

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I demand the owner take a new picture of the boat with him/her standing in front of it holding a copy of today's newspaper :p

wbc1957

Petty Officer 1st Class

I demand the owner take a new picture of the boat with him/her standing in front of it holding a copy of today's newspaper :p

The newspaper would say that Nixon resigned and Ford took office! But oh those gas prices!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

deleted

haulnazz15

Captain

I'd say $4-6K is probably about right. The normal 18' 1970's I/O with a V8 (not usually a BB though) would go for that range, so I'm sure a pristine version with a jet-boat Olds 455 ought to grab that price range easily. You probably can't go too much higher than $6K though just due to the age. Most people aren't going to want to pay over $6K for a 70's 18' boat unless they have some nostalgia attached to that particular style of boat.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

I am guessing those are new pics from the 70's I don't see any boat registration number on the boat

Surprisingly the pictures were taken with a Canon EOS REBEL T1i. (although the interesting part, 1/4 sec exposure, f/8, at 20mm?) And taken at 4/16/2011, at ~11:30 PM.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

That picture was taken at a boat show....unless you have drapes in your garage....that and no registration numbers ....I smell a rat ! ....lolol..... look at the drapes behind the boat in the first picture of the second set of pics....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

That picture was taken at a boat show....unless you have drapes in your garage....that and no registration numbers ....I smell a rat ! ....lolol..... look at the drapes behind the boat in the first picture of the second set of pics....

If you look at the meta data of the jpg, it says it was taken with a Canon EOS Rebel Tli. Are you suggesting the meta data of the jpg was altered or the OP took a picture of a picture?

Edit: I see Smokingcrater beat me to this.

flosho

Cadet

Thanks for all the complimentary remarks guys. The boat really is in amazing shape (and not just for its age). Anyway, the pictures were taken this past Sunday. I cleaned the boat up and detailed it so it would look as good as possible, that's why there are no registration numbers on it. The boat is being held at my shop since I don't have garage space for it(and apparently Wisconsin's weather is not done snowing yet!).

Lastly I'm not sure I should consider it a compliment to the boat or a slight on my pictures that you would think they are original 70s scans! ;)

bbsteve

Recruit

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW-----------------I have been watching this boat on ebay and see it is now being relisted by Capital Motors--did you consign the boat to them??--ALSO--does she have a closed cooling system or is it raw water cooled??--AND YES---I am interested in her and I LIVE IN THE FLORIDA KEYS--thanks--Steve