• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Is It Worth? 18' Silverline Comoro Jet Boat

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Is It Worth? 18' Silverline Comoro Jet Boat

It's a 1974 Silverline Comoro (18 foot) open bow. Has the Oldsmobile 455 "Rocket" V8 Inboard with the Berkeley Packajet Jet drive system.

Everything is in excellent condition. I'm trying to determine the value of this boat? Any tips or suggestions?

Re: How Much Is It Worth? 18' Silverline Comoro Jet Boat

Impressive boat in impressive condition. Is that all original interior?
    1998 Wellcraft Eclipse 24 Cuddy
    Volvo Penta Duo-Prop 7.4L "LK"

2006 Sun Tracker Party Barge 21
    Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI
    "Common sense is not very common"
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." -- John Wooden

Comment

I believe it is all original as. The texture is very unique and seems 'vintage' for the 70's

Comment

That is in great condition.

how many hours on it? Service records? How long since last used.

Remember it is often more harmful when something goes without use.

Have you checked with NADA to see if they have a price and start with that.
        James
        2002 Cobalt 226 with VP 8.1GI

Comment

I've checked NADA but it only goes back to '77 and doesn't have the proper motor/jet setup(from what I can see)

It doesn't have a gauge for hours but it appears to have been well cared for and I just recently did a basic tune up on it. plugs/wires/cap/rotor and the boat runs great. Can this fetch $4-6k?

Comment

WoW that boat is very impressive, are those pictures from 1977? lol

Nothing looks torn and it looks like it is in good condition. My only concern would be the power plant. Is it hard to get replacement parts for that? If the parts aren't hard to come by and it is water ready, then the price would be based off the buyer. If you want to sell it quickly then maybe $2-$4k. If you sell it to someone who likes the vintage look, then they could pay a lot more for it. It also depends on the market around you.

BTW do you have any additional pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by hostage View Post
              WoW that boat is very impressive, are those pictures from 1977? lol

Nothing looks torn and it looks like it is in good condition. My only concern would be the power plant. Is it hard to get replacement parts for that? If the parts aren't hard to come by and it is water ready, then the price would be based off the buyer. If you want to sell it quickly then maybe $2-$4k. If you sell it to someone who likes the vintage look, then they could pay a lot more for it. It also depends on the market around you.

BTW do you have any additional pictures?
              Parts were very easy to come by. We went down to the local autoparts store and picked up all the parts for basic tune up... It's been water tested already and runs great. It litterally fired up instantly. The olds 455 seems to be a pretty solid platform.

Comment

It loks like a tri-hull, although not one that would create much rough riding, since the bow doesn't have severe angle along the outer portions of the bow. This should sell well in the midwest, where river boating and shallow waters are best for jet boats. Price is based on condition, location, and seasonal timing. We can see two out for the three covered, but the location is yet determined.

Comment

Originally posted by flosho View Post
                  Can this fetch $4-6k?
                  yes...it will fetch somewhere between $4 and $6000. Sorry...couldn't resist.

You have a very unique boat there in a very unique configuration and a unique condition.

You may be able to get a very high dollar for it but you are also going to have to find that unique buyer.

How did you find this boat? In someone's barn sitting for 20 years?

Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI

Comment

Originally posted by wbc1957 View Post
                    It loks like a tri-hull, although not one that would create much rough riding, since the bow doesn't have severe angle along the outer portions of the bow.

Borderline tri-hull at best... The center bow is far enough forward and deeper its going to be more single hull than anything else. I"m guessing that boat has some weight behind it also, it isn't like a typical 16' ft outboard tri-hull.

Impressive boat though, I am still trying to figure out of those are scans from when the boat was new in the 70's!

Comment

I am guessing those are new pics from the 70's I don't see any boat registration number on the boat

Comment

I demand the owner take a new picture of the boat with him/her standing in front of it holding a copy of today's newspaper
                        1976 18' Starcraft SuperSport 90HP Evinrude
                        Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=357767
                        1966 16' Starcraft Jupiter 85HP Johnson
                        Restoration thread http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=338633 sold

Comment

Originally posted by ezmobee View Post
                          I demand the owner take a new picture of the boat with him/her standing in front of it holding a copy of today's newspaper
                          The newspaper would say that Nixon resigned and Ford took office! But oh those gas prices!

Comment

deleted

Mercury 90 4-Stroke FI

Comment

I'd say $4-6K is probably about right. The normal 18' 1970's I/O with a V8 (not usually a BB though) would go for that range, so I'm sure a pristine version with a jet-boat Olds 455 ought to grab that price range easily. You probably can't go too much higher than $6K though just due to the age. Most people aren't going to want to pay over $6K for a 70's 18' boat unless they have some nostalgia attached to that particular style of boat.
                              1976 Mark Twain 200VBR w/Mercruiser 233 (Ford 351w) "Heart & Soul"

Comment

Working...
                              X