• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1977 16' starcraft ss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 16' starcraft ss

Hey guys i was gonna do some remodeling of my old ss, i was wondering if i could shorten the splash guard up alittle bit without affecting the strength of the boat? Also, are these interior parts worth much, or are they pretty much garbage by now? Thanks alot!

Re: 1977 16' starcraft ss

What interior parts?

I am considering doing the same to my 16 ss.

I did find one iboats member that removed his splashwell entirely.

Don't know what effect it had, and I think he sold the boat shortly after rehabbing it.

Here is a photo of what he did. Click to enlarge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	c4182f5b286ac299d9a8b5d6cbd5e845.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	87007
    Medford, WI

Comment

Thanks for the pic. Im talking the seats, consoles, and windsheild.

Comment

seats - doubt it.
        Consoles, possible to someone doing a restoration.
        Windshield, yes it is worth selling
        Medford, WI

Comment

Before you ditch the parts....... you better make sure that you like the boat you created.

Splashwell removal can lead to a FAST swamping and instant testing of the flotation. You might be able to shorten it but I myself would NOT remove it (and I boat with a 16SS on lakes).
          This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
          Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

if it was n't for my splashwell my boat would be swamp every nice weekend i am at my campground with the boat beached the wake from other boats just roll over the transom into the splashwell

Comment

Yea, i would just like to shorten it up and possibly "redesign" it. I know its there for a reason and i have seen its performance many times before.

Comment

Working...
              X