Just got a 1965 Johnson Deluxe 17' V6 150 hp. Anyone else have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Just got a 1965 Johnson Deluxe 17' V6 150 hp. Anyone else have one?

Awesome looking hull. I'm sure parts will be a nightmare but I trust samo's been around here long enough to be prepared for that. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Samo,

That is too cool. What a great resto project that boat would make. Really nice. Congratulations!!

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Excellent. I haven't done much yet. The tilt does not work so I had it apart, that's about it. My local OMC dealer had the gasket and the seal for the tilt in stock so I was pretty happy about that! Mine is supposed to be running but I have not tried it yet. What's your condition? Got any pics? and welcome to the forum :)

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Oh, and whereabouts are you?

newyearsboy

Recruit

Just logging-in to Iboats today (8/15/11) Any interest in SELLING your boat or do you know of another that might be FOR SALE? Thanks - DAN in Southern Illinois

southkogs

Staff member

Great find Samo!!

I've run across those a couple of times, but didn't think I was quite up to the challenge of getting one going. They're such neat looking boats - I really want to see one go out on the water. Do they handle like a tri-hull?

If I ever take the dive, it'll probably have to be an OB. I've had enough of working on Stringers for a while :D

Chuckpounder

Recruit

I just traded for a mint '65 Johnson Deluxe. I guess I'm thrust into this world now too.... LOL. Pics coming soon. Parts and info from anyone who has been working on them??

Chuck

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I just traded for a mint '65 Johnson Deluxe. I guess I'm thrust into this world now too.... LOL. Pics coming soon. Parts and info from anyone who has been working on them??

Chuck

hi chuck.......welcome to iboats !

congrats on the score....!

post in out outboard forum and the guys there are sure to get it up and running with you.
we have some fantastic people that post here....

any thing you have ever wanted to know about a boat or motor is contained in these threads.

when you get your pics....post them in the outboard forum......our guys are sure to help.....fast.

cheers
oops

oops!

Supreme Mariner

archiving this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.