question on floscan fuel flow meter setting

tmitchell5188

Seaman
I have twin merc outboards on my boat. since i'm getting ready to pull it out of storage soon, I want to ask to forum if anyone else has one of these on their boat. my motors are 1996 merc, 2 stroke [not optimax], 25" length, 175hp. there are settings on the back of the meter, and i would like to see if mine s set up correctly.

i know there is a calibration procedure, and i have done that before. my boat holds 190 gallons of gas, and i'd rather not fill it if i can avoid it. At WOT I burn in the 20-24 gph per the meters

Any thoughts?

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: question on floscan fuel flow meter setting

I have a FloScan meter on my boat and it works great. Don't go adjusting the DIP switches on the back, that's a factory calibration. You want a meterhead & 2 sensor units for your boat. Go to the FloScan website and use their drop down menu to determine the right one for you. Depending on if you want a single gauge with 2 sensors and a single engine readout, or if you wnat a single gauge with dual engine readouts, I would recommend this one:

http://www.floscan.com/html/blue/seriesdetail.php?sid=14&catid=2

tmitchell5188

Seaman

I double checked, and i have the correct unit. but, on the back, there are adjustments for the calibration. they go in +/- 2% increments. i'm lookng to see where others have have set theirs.

thanks!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

That's what I'm saying. You shouldn't have to calibrate them at all. If you need to make changes, get with the factory reps and get their input. I would trust the factory guys more than I would someone on here telling you to make adjustments to a unit they don't have, can't see, or aren't willing to take responsibility for. You are the one trusting the meter to correctly tell you how much fuel you have...