livewell pump

jlsmith

Seaman
I put in a new live well pump in my 98 bass tracker. The switch has on and auto. When I switch it on it runs continuously however when i swtich it to auto the pump revs up and down and the light blinks on the switch and makes a clicking sound. Why is that? I haven't had it in the water just purchased it and have been going over it there is no timer on this boat for the livewell.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: livewell pump

Did you add the switch or was it there? If you added it, the switch probably contains the timer (fixed limits) and you apparently have it wired wrong. If the switch was there, it may still contain the timer. The cycling you hear is very likely a circuit breaker tripping. Guessing what you have makes it tough to troubleshoot. Details are what help. Like brand of pump. Timer manufacturer and model. How do you have it wired? Diagrams and pictures are worth a thousand words.

jlsmith

Seaman
Re: livewell pump

The switch was there orginally. I jiggled some of the wires on the switch and pulled them off and put them back on now it comes on. Will it stay on for so long then shut off there is a round thing that some of the wires go to prbably 3/4 inch in diameter and 1 1/2 long is this the timer.