How to mount Moeller

colayn

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi,

I bought a Moeller 10 um filter/water separator to install on my 99 Skeeter ZX185
with 150 Yamaha Vmax
First attempt I made a block, inserted 3/8 carriage bolts and epoxied the block to the plastic fuel tank. Competely degreased the tank and used the correct type epoxy, however it came off the first trip out.
Would really like to know how some of you mounted your filter assemblies. Such limited room/options on this boat I am having a hard time thinking of a solution that will last due to the heavy weight of the Moeller.
Thanks for the help,

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: How to mount Moeller

Tried to find a filter like yours nothing with that number.
I would think you could epoxy your block allmost anywhere but the tank,Just rough it up first.
Perhaps you could fashion a block to fit somewhere under the transom splashwell or transom and screw it in place.

etracer68

Ensign
Re: How to mount Moeller

I looked up your boat, and it looks like you dont have a spash well. Water separator/Fuel filters, should be mounted to the boat, not fuel tank. See if you can get access under the rear deck, and mount it where you have room to get to it easy. You should be able to unscrew, and screw on a new filter(3/4+ full of fuel) without spilling it easy. Sorry, but some boat builders dont make things easy for us to do things too. Maybe someone else has some other ideas.