Teleflex Morse Steering Upgrade

gavinswadel

Cadet
Looking for some photos or diagrams of a completed Teleflex Morse cable steering fitting.About to change out my cable/pulley system on my 13' Dory fitted with a Mercury Blueband 40HP.Only problem I can see is I'm going to end up with a lower steering position to my original in the photo as the kit only comes with a 90 degree bezel.

Attachments

• DSC09847.jpg
    DSC09847.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 0

gavinswadel

Cadet
Re: Teleflex Morse Steering Upgrade

Hi,thanks for that,it's not suitable for my helm unit however which I've traced down to be a SH 8050. Cheers - Gav

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

On line Telelex or Morse controls.Contact them they can give U all the answers.J

gavinswadel

Cadet

Have already done so J,awaiting a reply,I've bit the bullet now and removed my old pulley system.Was just in the process of drilling out the console to fit the bracket etc when the rain came,Scotland as usual..........................

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Too bad about the rain.I've heard that someplaces don't get the 300+ days of SUN we get in Fl. :)
Yesterday was about 80 and breezy.I used to live in the snow belt up in Michigan,US and couldn't believe it when I came here on vacation.Febuary 75+ so I moved here.J

gavinswadel

Cadet

Good progress made however with the old system out,new steering unit & bezel mounted on the console,had to go down to my local boat chandler to order up a link arm for the Merc as I'm running the cable through the tilt tube : ) still raining & getting worse

gavinswadel

Cadet

All sorted with genuine Mercury link arm sourced brand new from ebay for ?35,my local chandler wanted ?135 !! Had the boat out for the first time in 2011 on the River Tay yesterday.All performed well until getting back home,when flushing through engine with FW it's refusing to start,time to post on the engine forum.I'm a decky not an engineer : )

phillnjack2

Ensign

Hi there, i have same boat with old cable steering.
With the new single cable what size did you have to get.
I also dont like the idea of the lower wheel position, and will try to raise if possible.

phill