122820103246.jpg

123020103249.jpg

thesledhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: homemade jet boat rudder at no cost

material:
- a scrap aluminum pan (due to the Teflon coating scratches) and some rivets
.jpg[/IMG]

man you have too much time on your hands :eek: but I think my wife would probly beat me with whats left of her pan if I did that LOL

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

OK, but why??? My little jet boat is without a doubt, the most maneuverable vehicle (of any kind) that I have ever driven. I can go sideways if I want.

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

You have a chance to wreck the nozzle
when not if you hit a immovable objet.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

OK, but why??? My little jet boat is without a doubt, the most maneuverable vehicle (of any kind) that I have ever driven. I can go sideways if I want.

Yeah I've had a couple of jet boats too. Other than reverse, very maneuverable. Let us know if the skeg trick works! It looks cool at least!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Just curious as to what the rest of the boat looks like? Does your wife normally go to the garage when she can't find one of her cooking utensils???:D

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

Just curious as to what the rest of the boat looks like? Does your wife normally go to the garage when she can't find one of her cooking utensils???:D

Mine does, I blame it on the dogs. She looks in the yard next, then I know nothing. The soup pan full of oil goes out in the next trash. Shhhhhh!

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

since those stick out at an angle, you will also have an impact on trim... Unless I'm mistaken, that is a sportjet 90/95/120 pump, which had a habit of being a little nose heavy already on their factory thrust angle... Just something to be aware of the first time out. Too much lift in the back of a small jet boat means the front end will plant and turn violently on you! (first time I put smarttabs on my little Sj 95 boat, it turned off the front at speed without warning and nearly ejected the passenger.)