How much does a boat dock with lift cost?

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: How much does a boat dock with lift cost?

I've got a friend lives on Blue Ridge and they build docks and lifts. Just looked up their site http://www.northgeorgiaboatlift.com/ They can probably help with all questions and any options you're looking at. Jon and Cindy Pack; good people.

Seems they serve both lakes you mention. I don't have a dock so I can't actually help with the purpose of the thread.

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

A friend of mine on an area lake put in a boat house with lift for his 21' pontoon boat two years ago and it ran about $20k. That was with proper pilings and a litte extra dock space for fishing. On the bay, a boat house with lift for a 20', some extra dock space and an upper deck with gazebo can run around $30k, and maybe another $10k for a jet ski lift and a little more space. Lots of ways to approach this.

cribber

Lieutenant

If you're going to install a dock you might as well opt for a lift too. Having a lift is like having the best of both worlds. A slip to to dock your boat when it's being used and a lift is like having your boat in dry storage in the off season. As folks have posted prices are all over the board and this is an area of you get what you pay for. So instead of asking how much will it cost, my question to the OP would be how much do you have budgeted and get the best bang for your buck. ;)

golf101

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've got a friend lives on Blue Ridge and they build docks and lifts. Just looked up their site http://www.northgeorgiaboatlift.com/ They can probably help with all questions and any options you're looking at. Jon and Cindy Pack; good people.

Seems they serve both lakes you mention. I don't have a dock so I can't actually help with the purpose of the thread.

Thanks for the referral. I saw their website when I was looking earlier today. I will definitely give them a call.

lkbum

Chief Petty Officer

I started a new thread on Osmotic Blistering to avoid more thread drift:

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?p=3040192#post3040192

Since this thread is about Docks, Boat Lifts, and costs and not really about osmotic blistering.

Back on topic: "How much does a boat dock with lift cost?"

;)

Thanks for that post. I read it after responding to Home Cookin's response to my first post.. Directly from the posted article.....
"Osmotic fiberglass blistering is a process which depends on the temperature of, and exposure time to, the water. Given the above mentioned factors, it is not surprising that fiberglass blisters appear on a large number of vessels which are kept afloat for long periods of time in relatively warm water"

I hope that helps, regarding my response to home cooking, re-read the tone of his response, the authority with which he delares he's never heard of such a thing..... or "a boat hull that is not water proof" (from home cookin's post).