1959 aristo craft funliner

joshbrd707

Recruit
hey there i have a 1959 aritocraft funliner that has some stress cracks or hairline cracks on the bottom of the hull, the first time i took it out after buying it about 5-6 hours later theres a puddle on the deck so i did some research and thank god theres no wood to rot! so i need some info on how to either fix those cracks or re fiberglass the whole hull and some info on how to apply gel coat

thanks for your time!

ziggy

Admiral
Re: 1959 aristo craft funliner

i have a 1959 aritocraft funliner
congrats. that is one boat that i'd consider as a replacement for what i got in my sig. guess i'm prejudice. ;)
has some stress cracks or hairline cracks on the bottom of the hull, the first time i took it out after buying it about 5-6 hours later theres a puddle on the deck
that don't sound too good. if water gets on top of the sole from cracks in the bottom of the boat, that's a lot of water yer taking on.

i think ya need to ask yer question over on the boat restoration fourm. better answers there. unless. ya got an i/o in yer funliner. which i doubt. i think '59 was to early for i/o's, they may not have been invented yet. water leaks in i/o's can sink boat though. if ya got one.

whatever the issue. ya gotta be better off than the average bear since ya got an all glass boat... there's gonna be hope..

ya might call up aristocraft too. they are still viable. www.aristocraftboats.com.. talk with scott or bill.

guess i can only lead ya in hopefully the right direction. i'm not the pro restore guy at all.. i just know that anything that's glass can be fixed one way or the other..