Peterborough, Alcan, Boat Info., Hull ID

vrockz

Cadet
I have a 1982 fiberglass Alcan. I am under the impression since I purchased it that it's a Peterborough Ambassador 17' as stated on the original bill of sale. I've read Peterborough went out of business. There's an Alcan emblem in the boat.
Just trying to determine actual make/model and the value of the boat since I'm planning on selling. i am selling cheap but just curious if a boat's worth anything more if they're not madeanymore.
The Coast guard has the lookup which brings up FIBRE-O-BEC ENR when I type in ZOB so I don't get that. The hull id has ZOB******. the nadaguide lists a 16' peterborough/alcan ambassador but not a 17'.
Any useful feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Peterborough, Alcan, Boat Info., Hull ID

I have a 1982 fiberglass Alcan. I am under the impression since I purchased it that it's a Peterborough Ambassador 17' as stated on the original bill of sale. I've read Peterborough went out of business. There's an Alcan emblem in the boat.
Just trying to determine actual make/model and the value of the boat since I'm planning on selling. i am selling cheap but just curious if a boat's worth anything more if they're not madeanymore.
The Coast guard has the lookup which brings up FIBRE-O-BEC ENR when I type in ZOB so I don't get that. The hull id has ZOB******. the nadaguide lists a 16' peterborough/alcan ambassador but not a 17'.
Any useful feedback is appreciated.
Thanks.

I think the only usefull thing I can add is ALCAN is aluminum Canada, and that Peterborourgh is in Ontario???
hope that helps