Evinrude Sport 16 Tri Hull INFO Needed!!

spud762

Cadet
I was looking around my local area and saw an Evinrude Sport 16 Tri Hull like the One in the old James bond Movie. it has an outboard Evinrude Motor, I believe its a 125 hp. The condition of the hull is good no cracks, but it has been sitting out in the driveway of this house for while, half way covered.

My question is this. Is this a classic boat and worth restoring or is this one of the "everyone has one" type boat not worth restoring since it will have no resale value.

I know there are a lot of factors that play into the price but i would just like to know what this would be worth in its worst condition considering the hull is in great shape and the motor has compression in all cylinders.

The photos are some I found online and should give an idea of the model of the boat. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• evinrude boat.jpg
    evinrude boat.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 0
  • thunderball boat.jpg
    thunderball boat.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 3

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Evinrude Sport 16 Tri Hull INFO Needed!!

I could care less about re-sale value, it looks like a cool "Evinrude Boat" I think 800 would be fair price by the looks of it, comparing to what I've seen around my area.

spud762

Cadet

I know it was more a comment to get a rough estimate of the value. :D

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That is a neat boat and definitely is an uncommon one. Unfortunately there are very few boats that would be considered "collectible" or "investments" so it's not like if you fixed it up you'd be sitting on a gold mine or anything. But if you like it, it's a neat looking boat and could be worth restoring. Any glass boat that's been exposed to the elements though has a real good chance of rot in the deck/stringers/transom. That outboard is probably an electric shift model which can be tough to find some parts for. Neat boat for sure.