ranger bass boats

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: ranger bass boats

I bought an 89 680C a year ago and love it. Mine is a multispecies boat with higher gunwales that that one but they make a good boat IMO. That one looks in decent shape and if the floors are good and the motor pops ok then I'd say go for it.

WTH is a "Lorenzo" fish finder????? LOL...

'96 Charger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good durable rigs. The older ones were a little rough riding and not very fast but hard to beat when it comes to durability. The price seems to be right. Bring a couple boat savvy friends along and let them go over it with a fine tooth comb too so you don't get caught in the moment and miss something major. Make sure you run it before you buy too. Check bottom of hull also. I think the seller meant to say "Lowrance". Sounds like his English isn't all that great.

squarebill

Recruit

I wonder how Ranger quality and service will be affected now that former Ranger Boats owner GenMar (now bankrupt) has been sold to Platinum Equity? PE owner Tom Gores also bought Four Wins, Glastron and Wellcraft while he was at it.

Quality and service might be better! (pardon me if I don't hold my breath)

Read all about it:

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/view_news.aspx?NewsID=3986

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Since this thread was initiated in October I'm going to assume lucky either passed on or bought the Ranger. I'm also going to assume it was made before 2010 since it was advertised on Craigslist, in which case the Platinum Equity acquisition is irrelevant. However, since I've already broken the rules by resurrecting an old thread I might as well point out that Ranger boats are still made in Flippin, Arkansas where it all began. Welcome to iboats.:cool:

squarebill

Recruit

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't mean to be a "resurrectionist". But the topic makes me wonder if "pre Platinum Equity" (PrePE) Ranger Boats (like pre-CBS Fender guitars) will unltimately be worth more than "the posts".

Food for thought .... (but no "baiting" intended.)

CNW

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Fair enough. Welcome stands.