• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

SE Sport 300/Edge Hydrofoil Comparison

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Sport 300/Edge Hydrofoil Comparison

I have been hearing really good things about both the Edge and SE Sport 300 hydrofoils. It seems they both do a great job of getting you out of the hole and up on plane. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with both of these hydrofoils that could give a good side by side comparison. My main question is which one has the least negative effect on top end speed? I have heard the SE Sport 300 is the fastest in comparative tests, but others have said the SE Sport is the next best thing to the Edge, but at a lower price. Can anyone tell me if the Edge is at least as good or better than the SE Sport 300 with regard to top end speed. I am leaning toward the Edge, so if you haven't had experience with both, but have used the Edge, I would be interested in knowing how the Edge affected your top end speed.

Re: SE Sport 300/Edge Hydrofoil Comparison

Have you looked at these? http://www.adventuremarine.net/stabilizer.cfm

Comment

Re: SE Sport 300/Edge Hydrofoil Comparison

If you are concerned about the cost, then concider that anything you put on the boat that slows it down is costing you fuel economy. At $2.00 per gallon the initial cost of any hydrofoil is only the beginning. The cost goes up everytime you leave the dock.
      Get SX Smart Tabs cosmetic blems for an extra $20 off (only $99.95) exclusively at iboats.com
      link: http://www.iboats.com/Nauticus_SX_Sm...2485--dz.54646

Comment

Working...
      X