Nauticus ST1610-160 Smart Tabs II Trim Tabs

ingalp01

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all,

I think I want these??? Nauticus ST1610-160 Smart Tabs II Trim Tabs???

I'm new to the forums, but not to boating... I know this is a long post, but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for y'all to chew on... Thanks...

I recently purchased a very well maintained 1982 25ft Chris Craft (Viking) Cabin Cruiser. I had it on the lake over the Labor day weekend, and had issues getting up on plane when fully loaded. (Big Boat, 75 gallons of fuel, 35 gallons fresh water, 7 people & 4 coolers... No wonder, right?)

I had to ask a couple of buddies of mine (260 & 190 lbs. respectively) to go forward to get the boat up on plane. After most of the first day, with fuel burn off, and dumping some of the 35 gallons of water I had in the fresh water tanks, she would plane out pretty well, and achieve a top speed of 23mph. Day two, with less people, less coolers and less fuel and water, she planed out OK, and achieved 27mph.

(Prop is a 15 inch 16 pitch 4 blade aluminum and WOT RPM's are bout 5000)

I have been researching Trim Tabs and am very interested in the Smart Tabs, as I'm on a big fairly calm lake in Georgia, and don't like to fiddle with a lot of Buttons. Tubing, cruising, and anchoring are the main uses of this boat.

Does anyone have any info on the Nauticus ST1610-160 Smart Tabs II Trim Tabs, as I think this might be a decent cure. Oh, there is currently a hydrofoil on this boat as well, but from what I have been reading, I would probably want to take that off to add the tabs???

Thanks for any and all advice...

rwidman

Lieutenant
Re: Nauticus ST1610-160 Smart Tabs II Trim Tabs

While I believe Smart Tabs are great for an 18' boat, I don't think they are a good solution for a 25ft Cabin Cruiser. Not even close.

Look into helm operated tabs. Bennett is a leading brand with quality products and great customer support.

oldfordcrap

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you will have much better control with the helm operable tabs on a boat this size you can probably find a used system fairly reasonable with smart tabs you have no control options and they are not cheap!!! go for the real thing you will be happy in the long run

pvmtsux

Petty Officer 3rd Class

you will have much better control with the helm operable tabs on a boat this size you can probably find a used system fairly reasonable with smart tabs you have no control options and they are not cheap!!! go for the real thing you will be happy in the long run
http://www.nauticusinc.com/sx_price_list.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page. $169.99 <---I don't think that's very expensive, certainly cheaper than helm operable tabs new or used.

The original poster stated he did not want to fiddle with buttons and wanted the Smart Tabs. When he posted this Nauticus had not come out with the 21'-25' tabs. Just puting it out there that they now exist.