Texan Looking for a 1957 - 58 lonestar El dorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsalty1967

Recruit
I am in Texas and looking for a 18' 1958 Lone Star El dorado Boat in good to fair shape. at a fair price. I dont mind doing some work on it, But not looking for just a gutted hull. Me and My dad reworked one of these boats, when I was kid. And had many years of fun in that old boat. Dad is 70 now and We are both wanting to relive our youth. By doing anouther one.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Texan Looking for a 1957 - 58 lonestar El dorado

In Grapevine/DFW have an 1957 with a 1994 Evinrude 115hp on a decent pontoon trl - it needs work ; paint it mostly gone/ transom bracket wood needs replaced / minor tune up-has about 6gal in a 12gal portable tank thats 2 years old. it has a few missing & loose rivets.

I have no time for it and would like to see it go to someone who appreciates it. I love the old boat but hate to seeing waste away- it hauls butt with the 115:eek:
The floor is 3/4" marine plywood-solid- 4 seats up front- rotting bench accross back with gas/ oil/ battery inside.

the boat may be free if you buy the rig but my motor & trl will cost you a little.:cool: (I'm reasonable.)

I have trouble posting photos here but I can e-mail some or if your in the area come see it.

I can PM you my contact info.
Joe

oldsalty1967

Recruit

I would love to see the boat. can you e-mail pics? How long has it been since the boat was last on the water or the motor was ran? I live in Arlington and my E-mail adress is EDIT please send contact info and pics if possible Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

check your e-mail

oldsalty1967

Recruit

I did nothing there? Might try EDIT wife's e-mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.