sea squirt boat questions

gulfcoastsurf

Seaman Apprentice
just got an 1983 18' center console sea squirt needs alot of work before i put the time into it i like to see what any past owner thought and if they are a quality boat, if they are unsinkable like a whaler,and some other facts, it dose not have self bailer so look like it needs a good bilge

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander
Re: sea squirt boat questions

First off every small boat is unsinkable like Whaler.
(marketing)

I've tortured a squirt when I was a kid, people with jet skis thing that they are fun!

gulfcoastsurf

Seaman Apprentice

yeah i can pull the plug on my whaler 13 if a storms coming and its going to produce a lot of rain but i dont have enough courage to try it on the 18 foot sea squirt

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

yeah i can pull the plug on my whaler 13 if a storms coming and its going to produce a lot of rain but i dont have enough courage to try it on the 18 foot sea squirt

All small boats have enough floatation to keep them afloat when full of water and up to the max carrying capacity on the plate.

I went fishing with two friends last year on a friends Polar and he forgot one of the many plugs on the transom, we still hung out and fished for hours.

The boat cannot sink! it is impossible.

Just because Whaler injects foam between the hull and liner doesn't make it any better then any other boat. It's marketing and that's it.

A whaler is no better in anyway then a Sea Squirt, unless the horrible ride of your 13' (made that way cause it's a yacht tender for stability when loading and unloading groceries ) is in some way more fun to you.

gulfcoastsurf

Seaman Apprentice

so the seasquirt with the plug pulled will be buoyant enough to keep the motor out of the water

ray317

Recruit
Hi bought a 17ft seasquirt. Bilge pump don't work.is it under the gas tank.any other way to ckecking it out .tx Ralph

southkogs

Staff member
Howdy Ralph:

If you haven't had a chance to look over our forum rules, please do so. We ask that you don't reopen topics that are over 90 days old unless you're the original poster. This one's been dormant since 2010.

Best to start your own topic anyway ... you'll get better answers. Might help if we can get some photos to look at too.

Welcome aboard.