• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast mini-pontoon?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast mini-pontoon?

I saw an image online a while back where a company makes these mini-pontoon boats and puts on large outboards like a 90-150hp motor. Which is insane for a mini-pontoon. I want to say it's a fishing setup much like an ocean kayak with rod holders and such.

I can't find anything on the internet. Anyone ever see this? I wanted to forward it to a friend of mine and it's driving me nuts cause I cannot find it.
    1979 Evinrude 85hp V4 Crossflow (85995R)
    Rebuilt in 2013 - Wiseco Piston Equipped
    1979 Cane Cutter 15.2 (one of few remaining)

sigpic

Re: Fast mini-pontoon?

Like these ??.
    http://www.calibex.com/Mini-Pontoon/...44737B53D3FA0B

Comment

Re: Fast mini-pontoon?

Originally posted by Summer Fun View Post

No, more like a regular pontoon boat with aluminum pontoons. Just much smaller. A little bigger than the plastic ones in your link.

Key feature being "large outboards" like a 150 Yamaha Vmax. This is more of a sport rig than an actual fishing boat. Probably dangerous too.
      1979 Evinrude 85hp V4 Crossflow (85995R)
      Rebuilt in 2013 - Wiseco Piston Equipped
      1979 Cane Cutter 15.2 (one of few remaining)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X