Looking for good boarding ladder for swim platform

bobdec

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just picked up this SeaPro model 201 outboard with a small swim platform on the port side of the outboard. Problem is the current single step ladder on the platform is way to short for senior citizens like myself to use when boarding from the water. Been browsing multiple sites for a replacement telescoping platform ladder about 3-4 steps I can add back there. Seems none of the sites I have found give much information on installation and actual operation. I'm really concerned about vertical stability, don't want the ladder pushing/collapsing into the transom when trying to use it. Does anyone have experience or something they can recommend that would be a sturdy reliable ladder.

Blue Crabber

Ensign
Re: Looking for good boarding ladder for swim platform

I recently purchased and installed an undermount 4 step swim ladder from Windline. I purchased it directly from them as iboats didn't carry what I was looking for.

It wasn't cheap, but it was well worth it. When I am in the water the bottom step is right where my foot is fully extended at. It makes it so much easier to board, especially when you are tired from water sports.

I like the the undermount version because it keeps the top of the swim platform free for sitting etc.

So far it seems to be really good quality and I don't have any complaints so far.

It was also the widest model I could find, which in my opinion makes a huge difference as well.

I will try to get some pics up when I see the boat this weekend.

Good luck!