1981 Ranger bass boat

pacingman

Recruit
Just bought 1981 ranger bass boat with Mariner 115hp.

Does anybody have any positive or negative information??

thanks for info:)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 1981 Ranger bass boat

Just bought 1981 ranger bass boat with Mariner 115hp.

Does anybody have any positive or negative information??

thanks for info:)

Welcome to iboats.

Hmmmm sounds like that question was asked too late

Nothing I am aware of....... just do the proper maintenance, follow safe procedures and have fun

81ranger

Recruit

any ideas where i can find a boat manual for a 81 ranger 189-v...? any info on what i should do if motor isn't flowing water constantly when rabbit ears are on...??

81ranger

Recruit

is ur boat a 189-v? i just bought a ranger 189-v and need as much help as possible...

For starters get a factory service manual for your engine so you can do as much of the work on it yourself as possible.

On older boats you need to keep an eye out for wet/rotting wood in the transom, deck, and stringers. It's a real nuisance on bass boats where someone may not have done a good job of sealing screw holes where they mounted transducers and such (ask me how I know that - I rebuilt a 1981 fish-n-ski last year). Other than that take the time to learn how your boat is wired and how everything works, you're more than likely not going to find any kind of manual for the boat itself.

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Back to the OP - Ranger boats are considered to be at the upper end of quality. The Mariner is just a rebadged Mercury motor. If you got it for a decent price, I'd be happy with it and get out on the water - there's bass to be caught (at least for two more weeks up this way).