82 Wellcraft 18' Bowrider...what's it worth?

yacacn

Recruit
Hi there,

Just wondering what folks here think an '82 Wellcraft Bowrider with a painted roller trailer and a newer 115 hp Evinrude is worth? The motor is an early 1990s. The boat is pretty clean for this age, with only scuff marks on the hull from the trailer rollers and very minor fading on the sides. The gunwales are brown and the deck and hull are white. It has only seen freshwater use and comes with a bow cover and a cockpit cover that buttons to the windshield. Inside isn't perfect, but looks clean. It appears as though someone treated this boat with TLC. It is at a local dealer in the area.

Also - anybody know the top speed / cruising speed of this boat?

Thanks a bunch!

-Chris

Attachments

• wellcraft1.jpg
    wellcraft1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 0
  • wellcraft2.jpg
    wellcraft2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 82 Wellcraft 18' Bowrider...what's it worth?

In my neck of the woods...$2500 . If the interior is really reallly mint maybe a little more....

yacacn

Recruit

Thanks! Dealer is asking $3500 which I figured was too much.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I had a 84 wellcraft 196 it had a cuddy but otherwise same boat. Mine had a 200 hp outboard great boat but I would suspect the transom to be rotted as those years wellcrafts had problems with transoms. 3500.00 seems high to me. Thats about what I sold mine for 4-5 years ago and it had a brand new transom and interior with a tandem trailer that had new brakes and rubber on it....