celebrity boats.. Good?? bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldfaa

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello,
I am looking at a 1996 celebrity 190 with a 5.7. The boat has been stored indoors since 1999. THe 5.7 was recently rebuilt due dropping a valve. I don;t see much out there in regards celebrity boats, are they good, or should I stay clear?

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: celebrity boats.. Good?? bad??

A good boat is a good boat.
To me the brand is not as important as the condition.
If its in good condition for the price and its something you want then buy it.

Do take it for a test ride of at least 30 mins. Drive it like you will when you own it. Go out in the lake and shut it off for a few mins, then restart it. Check for leaks, water and oil.
If you have a friend that is boat savy, take them along.

Good luck..

mtrainTurbo

Seaman

Hello,
I am looking at a 1996 celebrity 190 with a 5.7. The boat has been stored indoors since 1999. THe 5.7 was recently rebuilt due dropping a valve. I don;t see much out there in regards celebrity boats, are they good, or should I stay clear?

Celebrity morphed into Crownline. Thats really all that needs to be said.

iconracing

Cadet

i have a 1988 celebrity 4.3 mercruiser i really like it i would say buy it if you like it

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a 1988 21' Celebrity Crownline, 5.7L, it was a great boat.

StacyMFenton

Recruit

We've owned a 1985 Celebrity Runabout deep v hull for 5 years and its true love. Weve replaced the floor and polished the chrome railings and cool chrome horn very loud. But I was driving her hard and blew the water line not wathcing temp gauge and she overheated and smoking. My hub and I didnt know to replace the impleller in the water line often but Ive learned that from reading these posts. We love our old girl shes great fun to drive and skiing and tubing awesome wake. A truly great boat.

thumpar

Admiral

Celebrity morphed into Crownline. Thats really all that needs to be said.
I don't think that is true. Celebrity did make a model named Crownline but the Crownline brand started in 1991 and Celebrity made boats under Bombadier until 2001.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Old topic which was awakened by a banned spammer. :mad: We'll just put it back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.