Putting hole in seat base.

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just purchased two sets of Wise back to back lounge seats with the plastic bases. There is not a hole in the side of the base to use it for storage. Has anyone cut an access area and did it weaken the base?

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Putting hole in seat base.

Of course a hole will weaken the base if you don't reinforce it. But reinforcing it should be doable. I'd be interested in some pix if you decide to do it. I could always use extra storage in my boat:cool:

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Does it pull out into lounge configuration? If so, can't you access the storage area from the top?

Blue Crabber

Ensign

Does it pull out into lounge configuration? If so, can't you access the storage area from the top?

This is how I access the storage area in my factory back to back seats. I would think it will work in your new ones too.

a70eliminator

Captain

My MFG sun-n-fun seats have wooden bases with factory finished access holes, the holes are about 3x6 oblong shaped, just right for stowing ski ropes and other soft items.

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just took one of the seats out of the box and have not assembled it yet to see if I can access the storage from the top. I guess I should do that first.:redface:

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

I just took one of the seats out of the box and have not assembled it yet to see if I can access the storage from the top. I guess I should do that first.:redface:
That would probably be a good idea...

We use Wise BTBs on our 23 DC that have a pull out drawer in the base for storage, really doesn't look like any real reinforcement is present...