• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

120HP Force Outboard Motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120HP Force Outboard Motor

Can you please tell me if a 1994 120 HP Force Outboard Motor is any good? I have not heared many good things about a Force! Is this motor made by Mercury? Or is made by Chrysler with Mercury's name on it? I know Mercury bought them out, but I don't know if they inproved the motor? I want to by a deck boat that has this motor on it, but I'm a little worried about the Force motor! Should I be? Thank you very much! Floyd

Re: 120HP Force Outboard Motor

well, floyd force good motors for what you pay for em (cheap)......if it passes a compression test an you feed it good gas(92octane) an tc 3 oil it will live for awhile...........

Comment

i have had two force 120,s very powerfull motor , but you do have to put the good oil in ,and 90 octane gas or better, and i found out if you change the plugs twice in the summer it keeps running good.i don,t run full trottle ,i always back it off a little,that,s probably why i never had have problems.have a good day

Comment

Merc took over thier manufacturing,using Chrylser's tooling and stock.My little 50Hp runs great. Agree with others saying "good oil". They will go south in 1 season using cheap oil.They are a very unfriendly engine to the environment (which is one of the reasons they are no longer made).You will find it necessary to fog the engine once a season too.------------------I'm no expert, but I DID sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!
        "Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He's all
        right now."

Comment

Working...
        X