120HP Force Outboard Motor

rettus

Recruit
Can you please tell me if a 1994 120 HP Force Outboard Motor is any good? I have not heared many good things about a Force! Is this motor made by Mercury? Or is made by Chrysler with Mercury's name on it? I know Mercury bought them out, but I don't know if they inproved the motor? I want to by a deck boat that has this motor on it, but I'm a little worried about the Force motor! Should I be? Thank you very much! Floyd

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 120HP Force Outboard Motor

well, floyd force good motors for what you pay for em (cheap)......if it passes a compression test an you feed it good gas(92octane) an tc 3 oil it will live for awhile...........

bobmoore

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have had two force 120,s very powerfull motor , but you do have to put the good oil in ,and 90 octane gas or better, and i found out if you change the plugs twice in the summer it keeps running good.i don,t run full trottle ,i always back it off a little,that,s probably why i never had have problems.have a good day

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Merc took over thier manufacturing,using Chrylser's tooling and stock.<br />My little 50Hp runs great. Agree with others saying "good oil". They will go south in 1 season using cheap oil.<br />They are a very unfriendly engine to the environment (which is one of the reasons they are no longer made).<br />You will find it necessary to fog the engine once a season too.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />I'm no expert, but I DID sleep at a Holiday Inn last night!