Thru Hull Location for Washdown Pump ?

I have a 24' Beachcraft which I was told is actually a Tolly Hull. I have a washdown pump that is now conncted to the I/O fresh water inlet, which I do not like cause you can only use the pump when the engine is pumping. The pump is now located very near the stern next to then engine, under the floorboards. I want to install a thru hull fitting for the washdown pump and can't decide where to locate the fitting. I am a little nervous about drilling a 3/4" hole in the wrong spot. I guess these are the choices, thru the bottom which seems very thick..I was told that these Beechcraft/tolleys had solid fiberglass bottoms. Thru the side below the waterline, thru the transome below the waterline. I know that I need to put in a ballcock valve in case of a broken hose

All opinions and advice is welcome !

sasto

Captain
Re: Thru Hull Location for Washdown Pump ?

I would use bronze thru-hull on bottom with bronze valve easily acessable. Mount the pump above thru-hull and below water line if possible for easy priming. Run hose from pump to valve uphill with no low spots to avoid vapor lock. Good Luck.

marcortez

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Thru Hull Location for Washdown Pump ?

Best performance will be forward of the stern 2 feet, thru the hull, and off to one side or the other, right below where your planning on mounting the pump/ball valve.

A bronze "clam" shell fitting, copious amounts of 3M 5200/4200 sealant and have a "blast"