stiiff sterring on hydrostream vector

hey new to the fourm just wondering i have a problem my hydrostream vector has a 150hp merc on it . the sterring is eqaul while not running on the trailer and while not on plane but while cruising it turns to the right very easy and very very hard to the left ??? any ides thanks

Re: stiiff sterring on hydrostream vector

That's what the trim tab on your engine's lower unit is for. Sounds like it's adjusted a bit too far to the port side. Realize that when adjusting the trim tab there's only going to be one speed range where it perfectly balances out, normally you'd set it up for your cruising speed.

so thats all that it is just the fin on the bottem end so if its hard to turn right ajust it to the right

perchin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is your set up a no feedback system?
I had the same problem a couple of years ago on mine, tab did nothing for me no matter what position it was in......... Turned out I needed a new no feed back steering system. <----- of course yours could be a simple adjustment. Good luck;)

so how do i tell what type of sterring system i have ?i think i heard the guy i bought it from say duel cabel sysem

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome Too Fast !!-- love the Hydrostreams

yeah so i looked it is a no feed back system and i greased the **** out of it but when i turn the sterring on the trailer it seems dry coming out of the sterring arms on the motor like the new grease i put in not touching it ?