HEET or ISO-HEET?

lonemust

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just a thought here. Is it a good idea to use HEET or ISO-HEET in the gas tanks on a boat to help eleminate or prevent water in them?? Any and all thoughts welcome. You can use it on cars/trucks and lawnmowers to remove water in the gas.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: HEET or ISO-HEET?

Neither has a place on a boat. It just causes more problems with the E10 fuels.
If you have water, you need to manually get it out and install a water seperating fuel filter.

Bifflefan

Commander

Personally i have only ever had enough water in the gas to affect anything once. And that was when the ex-girlfriend shoved the garden hose in the tank and filled it up. That was fun.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Heat and Iso-heet were pre-catalytic converter and post catalytic converter fuel system additives intended for use in freezing climates to eliminate gas line freezing. They were never intended to be a fuel system treatment for any other purpose. With modern fuel system and the fact that most areas of the country are not blending ethanol with gasoline both products are no longer necessary (in your car or boat). Gas line freeze up here in the tundra is virtually unheard of any more.

lonemust

Petty Officer 1st Class

As I said in the beginning it was just a thought. It says on the bottle "removes water". I use it with in my truck cause it sits more then drives and with my gas cans for the lawnmower cause my son likes to leave them outside the shed instead of putting them back. I just figured it might work while waiting to get the money to register the boat and finish the interior of it. So I guess you could say as a p/m thing especially sense we have had rain at least 2-3 days a week for the last month and it sets outside.

mikecjn

Petty Officer 1st Class

I do use the Marine Stabil. Since the ethanol has been added to our fuel I have made it a habit. $8-$10 a bottle is well worth it to me.
I started using it last year due to having problems with my John Deere Lawn Tractor and also having insane water issues with our snow machines. Both machines ran great before the ethanol was being used here in Maine. After using the Marine Stabil both are back up and running great.

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Personally i have only ever had enough water in the gas to affect anything once. And that was when the ex-girlfriend shoved the garden hose in the tank and filled it up. That was fun.

sounds like she may have been a tad angry with you.... :eek: