Fuel Fill Hose

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Fuel Fill Hose

Wasnt trying to say it CAN'T be done.... sorry If that was misleading. I would NEVER do that [splice fill hose] on my boat and I don't reccomend things that I wouldn't do.

MyViewGS:cool:

I understand. Just an FYI its fairly common, especially in large boats to have elbows in the fuel line because the hose does not bend tight easily.

odie241

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No harm,or misleading taken,I did find the almost proper length i needed,i just got to cut just under a foot off,and then it will be 1 continuous hose.As for the fill,i found a local company that had it on a roll ( Sheilds) so i took my old vent down there,and got the same exact length for $28.00.Looks Like i will still make it on the water tomorrow,all the hoses are in,tank is back in(with new sending unit) i am just finishing up installing a water seperator kit rightnow.I am bending the 3/8ths steel line from the pump to carb as i type =) Thanks for all the help

odie241

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Coast Guard regs do not require one continuous piece of fill hose. The fill can be spliced using a nylon, brass, or other suitable connector with double clamps on each side.

If you shop around, you can find 1.5" certified fill hose for $5.45/ft and 5/8" vent for $2.09/ft. Also, you can buy exactly the length you need, rather than 10 foot sections. PM me if you want details.

Thanks,wish I would of seen your post before i went out and bought all the line.I have $162.00 in hose,not inclucing all new clamps,and brass fittings for the Water serperator.It had a water seperator on it when i just bought the boat,but it wasnt hooked up.He had a plastic see through filter going from the fuel pump,up to the carb,with the seperator just bolted on the front of the manifold,with a bracket.the filter for the seperator had a rust hole in it,so i cant imagine its been hooked up in a few years.Now,I just need to get on getting the power steering back on the boat,dont know where to start,guess i will start a new thread for that.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Thanks,wish I would of seen your post before i went out and bought all the line.I have $162.00 in hose,not inclucing all new clamps,and brass fittings for the Water serperator.It had a water seperator on it when i just bought the boat,but it wasnt hooked up.He had a plastic see through filter going from the fuel pump,up to the carb,with the seperator just bolted on the front of the manifold,with a bracket.the filter for the seperator had a rust hole in it,so i cant imagine its been hooked up in a few years.Now,I just need to get on getting the power steering back on the boat,dont know where to start,guess i will start a new thread for that.

Put the excess on ebay, it should sell in short order and you can recover the majority of your expense. Don't wait until the boating season is over!