Good deal on a boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pred8tr

Cadet
Re: Good deal on a boat?

I agree... I would look into it more...ABout the mercruiser comparison..your basically right, I have twin 350's in my boat and they are comparable to my Chevy sb 350 in my 69' C-10:cool: As for the paint, get some graffiti removal spray made by goof off.. I accidentally sprayed my hull with spray paint and realized a week later... that stuff took it right off.

Awesome. I will give that a try.

pred8tr

Cadet

I haven't found the goo-gone graffiti remover yet but I did spend some time with an orbital buffer and rubbing compound on it and after 30 minutes I had to call it quits. No help at all.

A few days ago I scrubbed by hand with rubbing compound and that seemed to work but very slowly.... i.e. 30 minutes to remove the bottom of the "F" in free.

I will keep looking for the googone.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not sure if you mentioned this earlier, but I would check the stringers/transom etc...

My 27' boat held water like yours appears to have done in the past. In this time it was able to freeze/thaw and rot out a stringer and some bulkheads.

If yours check out fine, I say drop a used marine engine in it, an outdrive, and have fun.

commander315

Petty Officer 1st Class

I haven't found the goo-gone graffiti remover yet but I did spend some time with an orbital buffer and rubbing compound on it and after 30 minutes I had to call it quits. No help at all.

A few days ago I scrubbed by hand with rubbing compound and that seemed to work but very slowly.... i.e. 30 minutes to remove the bottom of the "F" in free.

I will keep looking for the googone.
Woops it wasn't googone it was krudcutter. Here it is on amazon:.. http://www.amazon.com/KRUD-KUTTER-GR32-Graffiti-32-Ounce/dp/B000P0KNIEI got in both Lowes and HD and its a lot cheaper in those places. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.