advice and help on a Pelican boat modification

davids_1718

Cadet
Well everyone I have one of these. A very affordable fishing boat I can use to catch me some fish in the deeper parts of the bay by where I live. The question I have is would any one be able to offer me advice on cutting out a box in the front and middle of the boat in order to use it as storage and possible store a little 6 gallon tank. Because as you see if I have my daughter with me just for a little cruise there really isnt much spce to sit comfortably with all the neccessary safety equipment needed. I couldnt afford the other model they had available with the live well and battery compartment so I thought maybe I'll just customize it myself and make it the same as the other model.

Pelican Scorpion model # BCA10P106

Features

Modified "V" double hull
Two vertical rod holders
Drink holders
Oarlock receptacles
Built-in motor mount
Deck draining system
Mooring cleats

Length 10' 3'' - 312 cm
Beam 61'' - 155 cm
Max. capacity 520 lb - 236 kg
Max HP 7 hp
Weight 109 lb - 50 kg
Hull material RAM-X
UPC code 776324500532

Attachments

• pelican scorpio boat pic.jpg
    pelican scorpio boat pic.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pelican scorpio side.jpg
    pelican scorpio side.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 0

CATransplant

Admiral
Re: advice and help on a Pelican boat modification

Those are cute little boats, but they are what they are. I believe I'd leave it alone and not start cutting holes in it. You're far more likely to compromise something rather than enhance the boat.

Most likely, what you'd find if you cut a hole is flotation foam. You need that for safety.

hometown

Recruit
Re: advice and help on a Pelican boat modification

Well everyone I have one of these. A very affordable fishing boat I can use to catch me some fish in the deeper parts of the bay by where I live. The question I have is would any one be able to offer me advice on cutting out a box in the front and middle of the boat in order to use it as storage and possible store a little 6 gallon tank. Because as you see if I have my daughter with me just for a little cruise there really isnt much spce to sit comfortably with all the neccessary safety equipment needed. I couldnt afford the other model they had available with the live well and battery compartment so I thought maybe I'll just customize it myself and make it the same as the other model.

Pelican Scorpion model # BCA10P106

Features

Modified "V" double hull
Two vertical rod holders
Drink holders
Oarlock receptacles
Built-in motor mount
Deck draining system
Mooring cleats

Length 10' 3'' - 312 cm
Beam 61'' - 155 cm
Max. capacity 520 lb - 236 kg
Max HP 7 hp
Weight 109 lb - 50 kg
Hull material RAM-X
UPC code 776324500532
i have the same boat and was thinking of puuting a water proof hatch in middle seat for storage did you do yours?