Rotary Steering Question

wguttrid

Seaman
Hi guys, another question this time related to the steering.

It seems the person who had the boat before welded an aftermarket steering wheel directly to the center axel instead of mounting correctly so you can remove it. What I did was cut out a section of the dash board (with steering wheel asssembly) area to get it out for a closer look (I will f/g patch up the area I cut up later).

What is my best way and cheapest way of fixing this issue, is there a way to tear apart and only have to replace the actual center axle piece or front mounting part of it? From what I can tell is the unit is basically two pieces except in my case the wheel has been welding directly to the back piece.

Hopefully that makes sense...will try and get some better pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Hoping there is an easy (maybe not easy) but cheapest way of going about this instead of having to buy a whole new rotary kit.

Attachments

• Resize of DSC02936.JPG
    Resize of DSC02936.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 0

wguttrid

Seaman
Re: Rotary Steering Question

Any thoughts...looked it over last night and only thing I can think to try is get the cutting torch out and start cutting off the weld slowly.

As for the shaft I presume the end should be threaded so might need to take some where to be built up and re-threaded....lots of work for something that could have went pretty easy...lol