1983 9' Sportcraft (Li'l Sport??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atap

Cadet
Just curious if anyone has seen one of these little boats and if they have any info on it. It's 9' x 4'. I can't find anything on it when I search the hull ID number or in NADA. Curious if it has any value. Thanks!

Attachments

• stubby2.jpg
    stubby2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 6
  • stubby3.jpg
    stubby3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6
  • Mama & baby 1.jpg
    Mama & baby 1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 6
  • poppy.jpg
    poppy.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 6
  • shot from behind.jpg
    shot from behind.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 6

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1983 9' Sportcraft (Li'l Sport??)

That thing is way cool!

CATransplant

Admiral

Just curious if anyone has seen one of these little boats and if they have any info on it. It's 9' x 4'. I can't find anything on it when I search the hull ID number or in NADA. Curious if it has any value. Thanks!

Now, that is just cute as can be. I wonder what the max HP is on it. In any case, I'll bet it would scoot right along with a 6 or 7.5 hp outboard. It may be rated for 10 or 15 hp, though, since it has a remote helm.

It's just a toy, but what a fun little toy. I want one...really badly!

Atap

Cadet

It's definitely an attention getter. It has a 9.8hp Merc on it which needs service, it's going in Saturday. I've been told this could be a one of a kind model which was made prior to Sportcraft actually manufacturing the 1984 Li'l Sport. Not sure how true that is.

CATransplant

Admiral

Mid '80s from the old out-of-business Sportcraft. I found it on NADA in the 1985 version, with an average price of about $560. The weight they give seems way, way wrong, though. They have the weight as 850 lb. No way.

I looked at '84-86, and it was listed in all those years. I didn't go further, though.

I imagine that they're rare as hen's teeth, though. Would be a great toy! :D

CATransplant

Admiral

It's definitely an attention getter. It has a 9.8hp Merc on it which needs service, it's going in Saturday. I've been told this could be a one of a kind model which was made prior to Sportcraft actually manufacturing the 1984 Li'l Sport. Not sure how true that is.

Hmm...yeah. The specs on the Li'l Sport were 8' LOA with a 65" beam, so yours is a little longer and narrower. Of course, NADA could have gotten those specs wrong, like they must have gotten the weight wrong.

Do you own this boat? If so, lucky, lucky you!

Huron Angler

Admiral

How I would've loved to have one of those to cruise around with as a kid:D

Just fun!

Atap

Cadet

Yea, I found them in the '84 and '85 models but the specs are different than this one and this one is definitely a 1983 model, boat still has the metal tag and it specifically says 1983 model. I'm kind of confused.:cool:

Yes, we just picked it up on Saturday. No one that I've talked to in our boating community has ever seen anything like this one.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

That boat is just too cool! The shot of it next to the big boat actually made me laugh out loud. Looks like it escaped from a carnival...

Be careful taking it in the ocean- fair weather only and stay close to shore, okay?

:D

Atap

Cadet

We are at the Southern Tip of Lake Michigan, just a marina runabout for us.:D

We subtitle it Kiddieland boat #3, lol

That's our 36' Trojan Tri-Cabin next to it and behind the Trojan is our 3988 Bayliner. We were trying to figure out how many of the Kiddieland boat we could fit inside the bigger boats! lol

CATransplant

Admiral

It could have been a very low production prototype, which led to the Li'l Sport. Stuff like that happens. Made a half dozen of them for the CEO and a couple of his yacht club buddies, then found out what a cool thing it was and produced a little smaller, cheaper one to sell generally. I'm betting very few of the Li'l Sports were made, either.

Again, you're a lucky person. If I had that thing, I'd show up at every boating social event in my area with it and be the hit of the boat parade. For a younger guy, it'd be a real chick magnet, too, if you could squeeze a second person in there.

A great find!

Atap

Cadet

That's the word I was looking for "prototype" thanks! That's what I was told it could be. They said if it was a prototype there was probably only 1 or 2 made and this could be somewhat valuable. I found it on Ebay just scrolling through the boat section and it happened to be only a couple of hours away from me.

We've only had it a couple of days and everywhere it goes it draws a crowd for sure. My dad can use it as a chick magnet, I need it for a guy magnet since I'm female! lol Actually you could fit two average size people in it sitting very close. My concern is the weight capacity, since I can't find any specs on this one it's hard to tell and it's not listed on the boat anywhere and there wasn't any original paperwork with it.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

We are at the Southern Tip of Lake Michigan, just a marina runabout for us.:D

We subtitle it Kiddieland boat #3, lol

That's our 36' Trojan Tri-Cabin next to it and behind the Trojan is our 3988 Bayliner. We were trying to figure out how many of the Kiddieland boat we could fit inside the bigger boats! lol

Where in heaven's name did you find it? I'm totally envious, and I'm not even sure why! I couldn't possibly use it for anything, but now I want one... :confused:

Huron Angler

Admiral

It will be the fastest tender/dinghy at the marina that's for sure:)

It sure would look cool with a mini wakeboard tower;)

Atap

Cadet

I was just minding my own business scrolling through the boats for sale on Ebay last Wednesday and stumbled upon it out of the blue. Believe me this was the last thing we needed was another boat ~ we already have a large Quicksilver dinghy, a jetski and two big boats. I like you, don't know why, had to have it! I contacted the owner and cut a deal with him and he ended the auction early for me.:p

Atap

Cadet

I'm definitely looking forward to our Dinghy Poker Run this summer!;)

CATransplant

Admiral

That's the word I was looking for "prototype" thanks! That's what I was told it could be. They said if it was a prototype there was probably only 1 or 2 made and this could be somewhat valuable. I found it on Ebay just scrolling through the boat section and it happened to be only a couple of hours away from me.

We've only had it a couple of days and everywhere it goes it draws a crowd for sure. My dad can use it as a chick magnet, I need it for a guy magnet since I'm female! lol Actually you could fit two average size people in it sitting very close. My concern is the weight capacity, since I can't find any specs on this one it's hard to tell and it's not listed on the boat anywhere and there wasn't any original paperwork with it.

Ah...belay that, then. A guy magnet it shall be! :D

CATransplant

Admiral

Probably more effective as a guy magnet anyway. I want one too! Somebody needs to reproduce those.

Shh! I think that thing is the product of an illicit relationship between a bass boat and a cuddy. We just don't talk about such things here at iboats!

Status
Not open for further replies.