Ever use stretch dock line?

kaylex

Seaman Apprentice
Has anyone used this strech dock line fron bass pro?

Last edited by a moderator:

bhammer

Ensign
Re: Ever use stretch dock line?

I have two of them and they hang on the garage wall now. I used them for a short while but for my boating habits, I found regular dock line works the best. I found that I needed to shorten them or need them longer, never where they the right size. Plus the knots in them made it difficult for me to tie off as most every dock I use does not have cleats on it.

Bowser4x4

Seaman

I use them, but only to other boats. When we all get together and lash the boats together, these work really well....allows some flex as waves hit the boats, but has a max so nothing goes to far.

I prefer the regular lines for the dock though....know that the boat will not move from where I put it.

Woof
Bowser

BugsBunnyBoater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use them in my wet slip on my mako. I use them and also use a regular dock lines. They keep my boat centered in my slip and they have slack to let the boat move with the tides.

kaylex

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks, I was considering them for my boat but wasn't sure how well they would work. Think I will get regular dock line to tie up at the docks.

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer

We have acouple of them and use them all the time.

They are great to make a quick tie up. We drift in the river alot and use them to loosly hook two boats together so we stay close. The work well on short tie ups.

Overnight or for long periods use dock line

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

they work well for SOME situations, and horrible for others...

good: centering a boat in a slip, using two of them

bad: using them on a single side of the boat. What happens is they end up stretching out, and then pulling your boat into the dock with a decent amount of force. A rigid line just puts the stress into the dock and boat cleats, both generally more than capable of handling it.

I've got a couple, and I only use them as anchor leads or when tying off to a edge of a dock in current. (so the boat is free floating a couple feet downstream from the dock, no chance of hitting it because of current)