What is the ACC switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

esemrad

Recruit
I just bought a 2001 Stingray 190 FX. The front panel has a trim, bilge, ACC, and the trolling motor plug in. What is the ACC switch for? Thanks.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: What is the ACC switch?

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

"ACC" stands for "accessory," which could be almost anything: cabin lighting, fishfinder, hailer, electric dog polisher, etc. It may not even be hooked to anything at the moment, but is available should you wish to add something.

esemrad

Recruit

Thanks! I'm assuming it's not hooked up to anything yet since nothing appears to happen when it's turned on.

JimMH

Petty Officer 1st Class

Probably is an open connection in the fuse pannel that you could hook up some other type of electronics on your boat. My previous boat had two ACC switches and I added a few gadgets and used them.

mike343

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's the same thing aa the one om your car when you turn the key to the left. Turns on the radio, AC, power windows. etc.

That's assuming you don't have a keyless ignition and no way to turn the engine off in less than 3 sec.--sorry, but when the local CHP guy bought it, 3 seconds qt 100 mph is nearly 450feet.

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

"ACC" stands for "accessory," which could be almost anything: electric dog polisher, etc.

great thanx! now my wife wants one! :p

RAT Attack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have my cabin light, fish finder-depth finder, and hard wired GPS hooked up to my acc switch. I can then just remember to hit that switch when leaving the water & not kill my battery.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Just gonna run this flag up and see who salutes:

ACC switch = 12v blender...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.