Pass-thru windshield replacement

Sharky813

Cadet
I recently picked up a 1993 Century 180LX Bowrider. The previous owner supplied me with the pass-thru piece of the windshield, however it doesn't fit. It's too wide. I'm thinking it's the wrong one perhaps? The trim matches my boat, it just doesn't fit.

Do you have any idea where I can pick up a new one? Or should I go to a local window/glass shop and see if they can trim the glass and resize the piece for me?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Pass-thru windshield replacement

The previous owner supplied me with the pass-thru piece of the windshield, however it doesn't fit. It's too wide. I'm thinking it's the wrong one perhaps? The trim matches my boat, it just doesn't fit.

Ayuh,... I'd sooner think you got some Rot going on,+ the hull has collasped as much as the window lacks from fitting...

Jack,+ rebrace the dash,+ it'll probably fit again...

Sharky813

Cadet

You know what, there is a board right below there that has come loose, not rotted. It looks like the glue or whatever was holding it on gave way. I will try to fix that and see if it helps;-)

Thanks!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

How much wide is it ?? is it a closer fit at the bottom than the top ??
Scary thought from Bond-O :eek: but perfectly possible.

Sharky813

Cadet

It's off about 1/2" The bottom is actually further off than the top, but not by much.

I checked, there isn't any rotten wood, but the one board is loose. I will secure that tomorrow when its better weather and report back here if it worked.