Alumaweld, Jetcraft, Hewescraft. Help me with this boat design

jyenney

Cadet
Hello,

I'm looking at these types of boats for there design and the room they provide. I was wondering how they handle on lakes. I know they are designed for rivers, but I only go on lakes. Does anyone have experince with these boats on lakes. I would order mine with a prop, not a jet.

Thankyou

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Alumaweld, Jetcraft, Hewescraft. Help me with this boat design

rivers are usually rougher than lakes. buy the one that has the most features you like.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

rivers are usually rougher than lakes. buy the one that has the most features you like.

Depends what kinda lakes we're talking about...there's a song about the great lakes sinking a cargo ship...

Ian

jyenney

Cadet

We are talking about 10 to 15 mile long lakes on the praire. I'm not worried about the "rough" water, we have plenty of that when the wind comes up, I was more concearned about the ride. They are a v hull, I wasn't going to get one of the river runners with the flat bottoms. I guess the only real diffrence is the windshield and steering is installed way more towards the front. Just wanting to know if anybody has one and uses it on a lake, what's the ride like.