Antique Grumman

CC Boat

Cadet
My fellow Boat enthusiasts please help me identify the antique Grumman boat that I have. I am fixing it to sell but I do not know what it is. A recent caller told me he thought the boat was old and a "special" Grumman. Please look at the pictures and tell me what you can. How much should I ask for it with a trailer?

0317001923.jpg

0317001924.jpg

0317001923a.jpg

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Antique Grumman

compare with other like sized boats on ebay, cl, boat trader, iboats classifieds, as far as price i do not think you will get any kind of premium for it possibly being as "special" grumman, by the plate it appears to have a few years on it, i dont think the later versions showed "grumman aircraft"
except in extreme cases i do not know of boats demanding a premium for being "special" as autos do, do a little homework to price it fairly for you and the potential buyer.

CC Boat

Cadet

I like it as well; as far as I can find out it should be a pre-1952 boat because the factory moved from Bethpage N.Y. in 1952. I cannot find out any other info on the boat. This thing is very light and well built. As far as it being special I was not looking for a premium price I like history and if this was a boat special in that sense I was thinking of keeping it. Thanks for the response.

osborn159

Petty Officer 1st Class

if its 60 years old and you aint hurtin for $$ fix it and keep it. i would if it where mine.

CC Boat

Cadet

Ahem, IMHO any boat that has survived 60 (or so) years is special and by looking at the photos yours would certainly be worth spending some time and money on. What I can tell you is that the "3495" is th serial number. The "A" means it was built in the late 40s. The 5 means .050 thickness of the aluminum. (A good thing.) And the 17 means 17' long.

Unless you have a reason to sell, I would clean it up and hang on to it. (Just my 2 cents)

That is the funny thing, I thought the 17 would be length but the boat only measures 13 foot.

Huron Angler

Admiral

That boat is a very nice piece of history:)...as grumman helped us win the big war and made some great canoes and aluminum boats for many years.

Difficult to say what it's value is...but I'm sure there are a couple collecters out there that would be willing to part with a few thousand for it. Just wouldn't know how to find these people except ebay.

I'd keep it unless somebody offered serious money for it.

How long have you had the boat?

pmillar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Neat. I have a well worn but very functional 17' Grumman canoe hanging in my garage. ;)

CC Boat

Cadet

That boat is a very nice piece of history:)...as grumman helped us win the big war and made some great canoes and aluminum boats for many years.

Difficult to say what it's value is...but I'm sure there are a couple collecters out there that would be willing to part with a few thousand for it. Just wouldn't know how to find these people except ebay.

I'd keep it unless somebody offered serious money for it.

How long have you had the boat?

I have only had the boat for a couple of weeks. I traded a turkey call for it and the trailer.

michele

Recruit

HI there -- I am a newbie and just bought my Grumman the other day!!!! I couldnt figure out how to start a new thread on this Grumman site so I wll suckle off this thread!!!!!
Here are a few pix of my Grumman I want to fix up. Can anyone tell me anything about the year and model? It is 12' long with double set of oarlocks and a diamond plate design on the seats. It really is a big beautiful beast!!!!! Oh gosh, I dont think I can upload my pix to this post if I didnt start the thread myself???? Help!!!! michelebronson@hotmail.com

CC Boat

Cadet

HI there -- I am a newbie and just bought my Grumman the other day!!!! I couldnt figure out how to start a new thread on this Grumman site so I wll suckle off this thread!!!!!
Here are a few pix of my Grumman I want to fix up. Can anyone tell me anything about the year and model? It is 12' long with double set of oarlocks and a diamond plate design on the seats. It really is a big beautiful beast!!!!! Oh gosh, I dont think I can upload my pix to this post if I didnt start the thread myself???? Help!!!! michelebronson@hotmail.com

I have been studying the subject as of late. Where was the boat made? Should say on the Grumman plate. Is there a number on the outside of the right side of the transom? If so, what is it?

501ZP

Cadet
Re: Antique Grumman 13' boat

Re: Antique Grumman 13' boat

Anyone, I have Grumman G-13C serial #3222. Can anyone tell me an age? Built in Marathon,NY so it's 1952 or newer but no hull ID so it's older than 1972.

I greatly appreciate the help.

Attachments

• IMG_0340-1.JPG
    IMG_0340-1.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0339-1.JPG
    IMG_0339-1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0341-1.JPG
    IMG_0341-1.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 1