Duracraft /Ward Jon boat HELP!!

paraord

Seaman Apprentice
Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster. This evening I traded some chrome nerf bars for an old 10" jon boat. I thought It was a good trade at any rate. So here is the dillema. I see no HIN. Now I can still register this in New York, I just need the make year and model. There are 2 things on this boat, one is a duracraft sticker, so I am guessing its a duracraft. The other is a riveted on tag that says Ward Industries Monticello Arkansas w-51014. Any information on maybe a year or any way to find something out before I go spending countless hours of aggravation at the DMV would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advanced

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Duracraft /Ward Jon boat HELP!!

Welcome to iboats.

You may have to apply for a serial number, don't know how they do things in New York btu here in Indiana you can do that.

The 51014 may be your number, btu if you didn't get a title with it you may be in for the hours at the DMV, best thing to do is call them and see what you need to do.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... In NYS, you need a tranferable registration, or a title....

paraord

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys, Its under 14 foot, so title is out, and Its never been registered. Basically I need some help determining the year. If it is pre 72 im fine, which I am pretty sure it is, just by how much haha. I even called War Eagle, who was ward, but they told me they did not have any of the old dura craft records.

paraord

Seaman Apprentice

Any ideas on the year anyone?

Bondo

Staff member

Ward Industries Monticello Arkansas w-51014.

Ayuh,... It's obviously Pre-73, because it's No way a 1914....
Since 73, the last 2 digits are the year...

Just pick a year,+ Go with it...