Splicing fuel filler hose

rosser1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Splicing fuel filler hose

try your local boating good store, or a lowes home depot

Overnighter20

Seaman Apprentice

I had a salesman at West Marine tell me that splicing the filler hose is not a coast guard approved repair, that I should buy all new hose. in 1 piece, at like $10.99 a ft. I noticed they did actually have the fitting I needed in Brass, 1 1/2" barb both ends, so I went that way. It's working just fine with my 2 pc hose now.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I moved the console on my boat forward and the filler is located on it. I now need to splice the Red Stripe filler hose with an approximate ID of 1-1/2" and the breather hose. Where can I obtain the connector or barb splicer? Thank you in advance. See my '62 Lamar at:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=14771&id=100000153362255
Smokinguntoo

Your link requires a log-in.

Yeah, the right size fittings are available, but there are other hoses that size, like sanitation hoses, where they can be used safely. I can't think of anyone who would recommend a splice in a hose that's full of fuel vapor.

Half-assed repairs always work great, right up until the moment they fail.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Theres nothing like saving a buck and blowing the whole damn thing up!

180shabah

Rear Admiral

brass connector, 4 SS clamps, running a new bonding wire, etc..... and in a couple of years when the old hose fails, you'll have to replace it anyway. Just do it now and never have to worry about it.