• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splicing fuel filler hose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splicing fuel filler hose

I moved the console on my boat forward and the filler is located on it. I now need to splice the Red Stripe filler hose with an approximate ID of 1-1/2" and the breather hose. Where can I obtain the connector or barb splicer? Thank you in advance. See my '62 Lamar at:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...00000153362255
    Smokinguntoo

Re: Splicing fuel filler hose

try your local boating good store, or a lowes home depot

Comment

I had a salesman at West Marine tell me that splicing the filler hose is not a coast guard approved repair, that I should buy all new hose. in 1 piece, at like $10.99 a ft. I noticed they did actually have the fitting I needed in Brass, 1 1/2" barb both ends, so I went that way. It's working just fine with my 2 pc hose now.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinguntoo View Post
        I moved the console on my boat forward and the filler is located on it. I now need to splice the Red Stripe filler hose with an approximate ID of 1-1/2" and the breather hose. Where can I obtain the connector or barb splicer? Thank you in advance. See my '62 Lamar at:
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...00000153362255
        Smokinguntoo
        Your link requires a log-in.

Yeah, the right size fittings are available, but there are other hoses that size, like sanitation hoses, where they can be used safely. I can't think of anyone who would recommend a splice in a hose that's full of fuel vapor.

Half-assed repairs always work great, right up until the moment they fail.
        John and Linda
        Long Island, NY
        Escapade III
        1992 Carver 26 Command Bridge
        Twin Merc Alpha 4.3 'Gen +'

Comment

Theres nothing like saving a buck and blowing the whole damn thing up!
          If you can read this thank a teacher.If you can read it in english THANK A VETERAN

Comment

Originally posted by ENSIGN View Post
            Theres nothing like saving a buck and blowing the whole damn thing up!
            Amen!

What cost do you put on your life?
            The world takes on a whole new perspective when viewed from 100' below...

1972 Bertram 'Bahia Mar' 20
            2006 Mercruiser 4.3MPI (0W617679) w/Alpha 1 Gen II (0W829301)
            Please don't send service questions in private messages. That's what the forum is for. Messages of thanks, always accepted.
            Member of the month - April 2013. http://www.iboats.com/blog/achris-member-of-the-month/

Comment

brass connector, 4 SS clamps, running a new bonding wire, etc..... and in a couple of years when the old hose fails, you'll have to replace it anyway. Just do it now and never have to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
              X