Trojan Yacht

Gary Stout

Recruit
I wanted to ask for your assistance please. We own a 12 Meter Trojan Sportsfisherman - Hull #TRJMJ001E687 (model year: 1987) - with twin 450 HP Detroit Diesel engines. I have given the photo's if needed.

Last year there was a sever storm and the yacht pulled its mooring intact onto the side of the yacht club (where it is moored) and damaged both the rudders beyond repair and both the "A" struts/frames (which is attached on the underside) through which the shafts come through.

I require spare (non-engine) parts for the yacht.

What I wanted to request was if you know of any spare parts dealers who deal in this Trojan model? If so, if I could please have their contact details or possibly if you can forward this email to them.

What I needed was -

a) 2 new propellors
b) Two new A-Frames/struts, otherwise this yacht's not going anywhere for another year.
c) Two bushes (which the shaft comes through)
d) Two new propellers

"G"

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trojan Yacht

You need not get Trojan Yacht Original parts. Props, shafts, struts and bearings are all after market parts. You very well may get better stuff than what you had in there originally.

Rudders maybe a OE item... but I'd bet they can be found after-market too. With that much damage you need to have a good glass man work over the hull. BE VERY CAREFUL with that repair. It will mean a true running boat or one that buries itself with a hook or rocker "fixed" into the hull.

Ask me how I know. They are a "B" to fix once the bottom plane is screwed up not to mention twice the expense.

Bondo

Staff member

a) 2 new propellors
b) Two new A-Frames/struts, otherwise this yacht's not going anywhere for another year.
c) Two bushes (which the shaft comes through)

Ayuh,... About any Quality Prop Shop should be able to fix it right up....

My local guy, If he can't rebuild the broken pieces, he just builds New replacement parts for inboard runnin' gear....

Gary Stout

Recruit

Thank you for the replys I need two props
If you can direct me to where I can buy the repair parts?

Gary Stout

Recruit

Thank You all for the reply

The yacht and I are stuck in Karachi Pakistan so any help I can get on procuring the parts I need would be of the upmost help