• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the hull of my Hydra-Sports made of Kevlar?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the hull of my Hydra-Sports made of Kevlar?

I just got a 89 22' Hydra-Sport and some body was asking me what material was mde the hull, I didn't know what to sey , I thing that it should be fiberglass , but he said that is Kevlar ...can some body tell me what type of material is made of ...thanks

Re: Is the hull of my Hydra-Sports made of Kevlar?

I saw this on a post on THT they were talking about a 1988 Hydra Sprots 2500

Hope this helps,

"This boat is a vector and is a true deep v.Hydra sport only made vectors @ the time .very very soft ride a little rocky at rest if it has a k in the # it is a full kevlar boat if it has plastic thru hulls pass on it it was made one year from some one who went off to build a crap boat that is well known and i dont want to bash them but......if theboat has the bronz thru hulls you will not find a better ride."

Look at your HIN# and se if it has a K in it.

If iboats allows the link here it is - http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...rt-2500-a.html
    2007 Robalo R240 with twin Yamaha F150's
    2005 Lagoon Heron 16' with Evinrude E-Tech 50

Comment

Re: Is the hull of my Hydra-Sports made of Kevlar?

well I don't see any K , so I guess is just fiberglass..thanks for your responce

Comment

Working...
      X