Starcraft Speedqueen: My First Boat

N62350

Cadet
Hi everyone, I am 17 and relatively new to boating. I just bought a 14' Starcraft with a 35hp mercury and a trailer for $400. This will be my first boat (if you don't count my rowboat) and I am very excited about it. I plan to strip and paint it, rebuild the carbureator, and replace the windshield. Does anybody here own one of these or have any info on them? I have done research and have found them to be quite rare. Also, anybody know where to get a windshield? Mine is crazed and is split in half. Thanks for your help.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Starcraft Speedqueen: My First Boat

have fun and be careful. Great expertise around here and good for you for taking this on. When you start asking about the motor be sure to post its stats.

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

congrats on your purchase. I am not any help on repairs but hope you have more time on the water than working on keeping it running- that said -you need to study up on service and repairs to keep her running right. You may be able to find an old simular windshield of a diffrent model that would fit.

Also keep in mind that you have an older boat & motor and take it easy on her. Don't go running wide open every where.
But most important after being safe is to have fun:cool:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome Aboard..
Took some of us another 30 plus years to get a tinny..
Ya startin early

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iboats. You have just stumbled upon the internet's biggest hot bed of Starcraft enthusiasts!! Let see some pics of this thing. Lots more of us Starcraft guys in the restoration section and the Starcraft manufacturers sections. Come check us out.

N62350

Cadet

I will get some pictures Thursday afternoon at the soonest. I am kind of ashamed of it though. It is half tore apart, but I will post them anyways.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I will get some pictures Thursday afternoon at the soonest. I am kind of ashamed of it though. It is half tore apart, but I will post them anyways.

GASP:eek:

Do NOT be nervous bout posting any pics bro....You should see the piles of junk that we DROOL over..lol:D

N62350

Cadet

That certainly makes me feel better.:)

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

That certainly makes me feel better.:)

Do a Starcraft search here & you'll feel A LOT better :p

aas-1.jpg
[/IMG]

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Be proud of what you have. I wish I had my own boat when I was 17.
Good for you. Look forward to the photos.

N62350

Cadet

Finally got a chance to take some pictures today, but the camera cord is in my father's car, and he won't be home until tommorrow. I began to tear off anything that has screws in it so that I can strip the paint. (Sounds like fun right?) I haven't had much luck with windshields aside from taylormade. Anybody out there that can offer some help or places to buy from? Maybe someone here has one laying around somewhere( Wishful thinking)

N62350

Cadet

I tried to upload the pictures but they have too many KB bytes. Anybody know how to get around this?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, trying to host the pictures right on iboats is not worth the pain. Create a free account on a site like photobucket.com and upload your pictures there. You can resize them right on that site to the forum favorite size of 640x480. Then just link to them from here.

wrfalpacas

Chief Petty Officer

N6,

Just found your thread! Awesome another 50's 14' er. I have some parts you might be interested in. P.M. Me