Soft Scrub...I'm a big fan now

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Impressed with the job this cleaner did on my rig. Of course, it takes the wax off too but it needs a new coat anyways.

nlain

Commander
Re: Soft Scrub...I'm a big fan now

What did you have to clean off of your rig?

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander

I haven't given her a good bath all summer. We had her in a slip most of the summer. Black streaks, scum line etc...

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

go to your local dollar store,,get "the works" wipe on wait 15 seconds wipe off and hose off,,,like brand new,,no scrubbing
I use it on my hull,,,its effortless for $1.00

"G"

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've been using soft scrub for 5 years or so and found I like the green jell stuff best. I like that it cleans the boat up nice but especially that it bleaches the bloody deck and gunwales after a bloody salmon run. No stinky fish smell lingers when you use it. We used comet before that but the jell sticks to where you put it and that is better for control issues.

As for taking the wax off... If you have a black spot from a dock side clip then put some on your fingers and rub it off in that spot. Also; the black sludge on the water line from oily water in the marina comes off real easy with dawn dish soap and cleans the salt water off the windows good too. It doesn't ruin your wax job either. :)