Info-purchasing 2002 Fisher Avenger 16ProSC?

flamprey

Cadet
I am looking to purchase a 2002 Fisher Avenger 16 ProSC that is a repo. It has a 2002 75 ELPTO Merc that has been chedked out with good compression. The boat is in excellent condition as is thr trailer, No scratches, dents etc and has a good trol. motor and a couple of decent depth finders. Asking price is $6,995 - just wondering if this ia a good pric for the boat?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Info-purchasing 2002 Fisher Avenger 16ProSC?

Do some comparison shopping...... craiglist ebay nadaguides.com..... that is an 8 year old rig now.

I have owned a fisher and I like them...... my fisher was ALL aluminum to include the decking....they sold out to tracker marine and tracker got cheap and went with plywood (cheap plywood) decking.

Is this from a dealer? What sort of warranty are you getting? Any maintenance records available? Impellar? previous motor maintenance? hours on the ob?

Bob_VT

Staff member

I suggest you lowball the seller and see what happens. Now the prices should be dropping fast!

flamprey

Cadet

No warranty with this. It is at a boat dealer I have dealt with before, but he no longer handles new boats or motors. Mostly repo and does repair and maintenance on boats. Would this have all aluminum fllooring back in 2002? when did the sell out to Tracker?
We discussed the motor and he has told me everything looks good and looks like it has few hours on it.
I have checked Craig's list and other sites and I only found one that had a 50 motor and was listed for $8,750.
Any questions you suggest I should ask the dealer?
thanks

Bob_VT

Staff member

Yes the impellar..... maybe he will toss in free winterization and storage ;) You just have to check what is under the carpet but I think the aluminum decking stopped in the 90's.

Overall it soulds like a good price but dealers make a killing on pre-owned boats...... go for the extras.

flamprey

Cadet

One other thing, he does not have the paper on this boat, the bank is holding it. He has told me that if it does not sell at his place (there has been a couple that did not) than the bank has someone pick it up and it goes to a boat auction somewhere in the midwest?
Will it make a difference on negoiating the price with the bank owning the paper?
Hr informed me he just makes a few $ if it sells through him.
thanks

Bob_VT

Staff member

DO NOT get involved on a deal unless you are dealing with the proper owner (as per the title)...... I can appreciate your fiend "brokering" the deal but the biggest risk is ALL of your money.