1964 Mfg Niagara - Access To Under Floor To Install A Bilge Pump???

Rockaway-Matt

Recruit
Hello All -

I just put the boat in the water (better later than not at all).
Now I want to install a bilge pump (better later than not at all), but I can not find access to under the floor.
Now my transom has 2 drain holes - both under the water line. 1 of the drain is above the floor since I can see it when I'm in the boat but the other drain on transom is about 1 inch lower to the right and is under the floor (can not see when i'm in the boat). So can I install a bilge pump on a 1964 MFG NIAGARA? I can not find the access to under the floor space. Do I need a bilge pump??

Help... any insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
Rockaway-Matt

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: 1964 Mfg Niagara - Access To Under Floor To Install A Bilge Pump???

You can install a bilge pump right on the deck back at the transom. The air space between the deck and hull should never have water in it, the seat bases ect. that mount to the deck should be sealed watertight if not then you'll get water below the fiberglass deck, with a tightly sealed deck my theory is you actually tear a hole in the hull and still float, if you cut into that deck to put a pump then you've just lost that aspect. Check out the MFG section of the forum, there are quite a few guys there that specialize in MFG boats. Doesn't your boat have that little recessed well where the plug goes? that would be the best location.