rodent deterrent during storage???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitsuj

Chief Petty Officer
Re: rodent deterrent during storage???

I would guess that inside the boat glue traps would be better than poison. That way they can't eat it and go somewhere else to die. Then smell nice in the spring. Glue traps, or snap traps for that matter, will kill them where they stand for easy disposal.

alumi numb

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: rodent deterrent during storage???

things that cause gas like suger and baking soda mixed.
no fact as i know it but i guess they can't pass gas.
fact, they don't like the smell of mint and will avoid it.
we had mice then got "walmart" an ultrasound device now don't have mice, i don't know..

John123john

Recruit
I need to store one of my vehicles for awhile and don't want the local rodents infesting this one the way they have the others I have stored before.

I was thinking of getting one of those solar battery tenders and using it to power a 12-volt electronic rodent deterrent

I have seen 120v electronic deterrents before for insects. I don't know if they make them for rodents and I don't know if they make them to run on 12 volts either. I also don't know how well they work.

There are dogs in the yard so I can't use any kind of poison or anything that will harm the dogs so I thought one of these electronic things might be the answer. The mice love to get up in the engine compartment and eat the wiring and get in the air vents and generally cause a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard John. Please take a few minutes to read our FORUM RULES. We ask that you not post to topics over 90 days old unless you're the original poster. Gonna' put this one back in the history books.

Status
Not open for further replies.